Monday, November 2, 2015

A Tale of Two Cities

Best to just feel it all.. After I tackle the packing ✈️📦Day 306 #allthefeels #leaving #expatlife #packing #travel #wanderlust #newzealand #bali #love #selflove #inktober #artistsofig #art #typography #handdrawn #draw #drawing #doodle #doodles #dailydoodle #dailydrawing #365daysproject #love #community #cartoon #illustration #notebook

I'm moving again.  Moving countries, changing visas, swapping out cultures, food, friends, climates, and generally shaking everything up.

The good news is, I've done this before.  I could say I know what I'm doing, but it's more like I know what not to do, how to be graceful, grateful.  

I don't want to hold on
I want to love
everything
everyone
everywhere
and I do

They'll just never be in the same place.
And that's OK.

Leaving Christchurch is bittersweet.   It's not goodbye but see you later, come visit, stay in touch, who knows! I've made friends here, started building a community, and a life. A life that I'm consciously giving up to follow my heart, feel the wind on my face as I ride my scooter through a throng of traffic, eat spicy street food, leaving the security and pure beauty that is New Zealand behind for a freedom the west wasn't built for.

I'm going back to a place that I've lived, where I have friends, community, and generally know my way around.  That's not to say it will be the same.  That's not to say time won't have passed and my friends, community, and very town that I know in Bali won't be different, but I'm different.  Nothing is ever the same.  And that's OK.

Love,

Norma Jean


You can view all of my doodles, with everything I love on my website, Norma Jean Loves

No comments: