Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No Retreat, Full Surrender

The warm glow of home.
 As I stand at the door of my third year in Korea,
it feels like the world is peeling back
and opening up around me.
So, of course, I stop to consider my choices.

On paper, I would never have chosen this life.
There are so many other "ideal" situations.
A plethora of smarter choices.
Yet, there is something inexplicably joyful
about making the best of what I've had,
even when it didn't look like my dream at first glance,
I soon discovered
I hadn't dreamed big enough.

So, here I am.
 Living the happiest version of myself
that I've met yet.

It's one of the best parts about being older.
Sitting still doesn't scare me much anymore.
I'm not interested in chasing new horizons,
although I still want to do new things.

When I look in the mirror I'm fine.
When I see my life I'm content.
When I see my to do list,
I know it will get done.
And even if it doesn't,
that's just fine.

And when people ask,
"When are you going back?"
All I can say is,
"I don't known when I will return to live in the US,
but there is one thing I know for sure,
I'm never 
'going back'".


Year 1:
Two years ago this was brand new:

Year 2:
Then a year passed and I was brand new:

No comments: