Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Chasing My Tail Around the Sun

 
For the first time in over three years, I'm going home.

It's been so long that I don't even know what to expect. Outside of life with my sisters, I've mostly forgotten what it was like to exist in the US. Plus, I'd imagine that it's changed from what I remember.

The last time I went home the Harri-bou-bou still lived there and I wasn't as set in my ways here. We didn't have dogs, I didn't have commitments and I felt that I might somehow go for a visit and get stuck there.  Something I desperately didn't want. My entire being vibrated with the fear that I'd be forced to give up before I'd really even begun.

Three years later it's a very different situation. My drama has found it's stride. I'm settled into a comfortable life with substantial friendships, some semblance of a career, side projects, puppies, a passable grasp on the language, and I'm content in it all. So content I'm not even worried about losing it. It's just something that is right now and someday may not be anymore. Either way it's alright because I've done it right. My goals have been accomplished, my questions have been answered.

After this trip things will change. I doubt I'm moving back the the US anytime soon, but I will be going home more and I will be spending more time with friends and family. From here my world gets bigger again and I'm excited about that.

No comments: