Thursday, June 16, 2016

Scouting New Locations for the Drama



A few rotations around the sun later I found myself in Thailand with my Candle in the Wind, Norma Jean. Somehow the stars and the schedules and the money aligned and we picked a place "in the middle", and by middle I mean financially, for us to meet.

Our lives are so different from the days we met on the mean streets of Anjung and NJ has become a force to be reckoned with. She's found a direction even without a North Star. Bali, Australia and New Zealand knocked off corners and built up foundations. It's a beautiful sight to see.

As for me, I'm not so sure as too if I'm more found or more lost in the past few years. There are things that have moved forward and things that have fallen off. After a few years of struggling to getup and walk, literally, there is a certain, unattractive, sedentary nature to my life that needs cleaned out. Like a stopped up drain.

The trip to Thailand to connect and to refresh was my Liquid Drain-o. The hard reboot to a life that's, unfortunately, been lived from the sidelines a bit too much lately. I think it worked. More thoughts are flowing like the yoga I've returned to the last few months.

It feels like it might be time for this drama to scout out some new locations, sometimes it's time to let the old things go and look at a spin-off. Part of me wonders if maybe it's time to start thinking about Until We Meet Again: The Uruguay Tales.



No comments: