Monday, January 23, 2012

Your Mission If You Choose To Accept

Late last Friday,
after I'd eaten dinner
turned myself in
I could not sleep.

The walls felt like they were closing in.
There was nothing to scrub,
nothing to organize,
nothing to distract me.


So I got out of bed,
stuffed a few things in a backpack,
grabbed my handbag 
and walked out
with one thought,
"I've got to get to Japan."

It was 9:30pm.


At 11:20 I boarded a train to Busan on the last available seat.



At 3:40am I arrived in an empty Busan.



After a stop for breakfast I arrived at the International Ferry Terminal at 5:00 am.


Thankfully, an old man let us into the locked station so wait out the cold.

 At 6:30am the ticket offices opened.
Walking to the first available window
I asked for a ticket on their first boat to Japan.

She said, "Do you know Tsushima?"
I said, "No, but I want a ticket there."
She said, "No, interesting.  Only mountains and trees."
I said, "That sounds perfect."




At 8:00am I boarded a high speed ferry to a place I knew nothing about.
(My ferry was the bitty, baby one.)


10:30am: Mission Accomplished


but that's where the really adventure begins...


No comments: