Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pain in the Neck


My neck has been killing me since last Sunday and the two year old painkillers I found in the back of the closet just weren't cutting it.  Then this morning my glasses broke. So today at lunch I took some sick leave because I have that now.

Before going to the ER I stopped by the glasses shop across the street and in 30 minutes I had an eye exam and new glasses for $95.  

On a side note, the eye exam was one of the best I've had. Didn't even know one could have an opinion on eye exams until today, but now I don't want to go anywhere else.

Once at the hospital my Dr visit with X-rays took 30 minutes and cost $14 including medication.  So much medication.  Such a lovely pain killing shot.

Since the whole thing only took two hours with drive time included, I tried to go back to work but they told me no, I needed to go home and rest. So I headed straight to The Stoop for ginger ale and a salad, then I went home to bed.

Days like today are my favorite and happiest kinds of days. Sure, bad stuff happened but there is so much joy in having ones basic needs met.

No comments: